SALTDOGG® 2.5-5.5 CUBIC YARD ELECTRIC CONVEYOR CHAIN SPREADER
- Designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 13,000 lb GVW (depending on model).
- Available with 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers with a capacity from 3.5 to 5 cubic yards.
- Powered by two independent electric motors for conveyor and spinner.
- Spreads bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
- In-cab controls with independent variable speeds for the conveyor and spinner.
- 18 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft, using a regular or extended chute.
- Versatile 14-1/2 in. chain conveyor drive with a stainless steel inverted V to improve flow and reduce stress on the drive line.
- Two chute baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to your use.
- High quality, 304 stainless steel construction for optimum corrosion resistance.
- Stainless steel inverted V improves flow and reduce stress on the drive line.
- Four hinged top screen with 1/4 in. bars included.
- Made in the USA.
Buyers Products SaltDogg 2.5-5.5 Cubic Yard Electric Conveyor Chain Spreader strikes a balance between the convenience and value of an electric spreader and capacity typically only available in gas and hydraulic spreaders. The hoppers are designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 13,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight) chassis; depending on size of spreader. It works with bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
The highly corrosion-resistant 304 stainless steel hopper features a fully-welded frame. It comes equipped with two hinged top screens with 1/4 in bars. The 14-1/2 in. wide, high-flow, steel pintle chain conveyor has 1/4 in. crossbars and a stainless steel floor. A stainless steel inverted V reduces stress on the drive line to improve material flow. An adjustable feedgate with lock pin offers additional material flow control.
The conveyor chain is driven by a 3/4 HP, 12V motor, and the spinner is powered by an independent 1/2 HP, 12V motor. An 18 in. poly spinner casts material 2 ft to 30 ft. The spreader is available with a regular or extended chute. Two adjustable baffles allow you to cater the spread pattern to your use. The chute and spinner assembly flips up or detaches completely, tool-free, for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
The spreader includes a heavy-duty in-cab electric controller with independent auger and spinner adjustment and a vibrator switch.
Product Common Use: Snow and Ice Control, Road and Lot Maintenance